IMPAQ is collaborating with the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Tobacco Products, Office of Science, Statistical Research Branch on a series of invitation-only seminars on topics including dynamic network analysis, statistical field theory, and spatio-temporal forecasting. The majority of the seminars will be conducted by IMPAQ staff and will be presented at the FDA Federal Research Center or at IMPAQ’s headquarters.
Dr. Neha Nanda and Carolyn Corea recently conducted a site visit in Seattle for our Feasibility of Non-Traditional Occupations project. During the visit, they met training providers of the South Seattle American Apprenticeship Initiative grant, funded by the US Department of Labor, to discuss procedures and requirements for the outreach demonstration, aimed at encouraging more women to enter advanced manufacturing and construction occupations.
Presentations & Publications
IMPAQ is exhibiting at the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Legislative Summit through Wednesday in Boston, MA.
Last week, Laney Light presented “Balancing Bias, Precision, and Sample Size Recovered in Determining a Practical Missing Data Imputation Approach” at the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) in Baltimore, MD.
Next week, Dr. Evan Perlman will present his poster, “Inaccurate Online Provider Directories Linked to Beneficiary Harm,” during the 2017 National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media (NCHCMM) in Atlanta, GA.
Six IMPAQ presentations were accepted for the American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting and Expo this November:
- Dr. Rekha Varghese will present “Evaluation of Journey to Better Health Program,”
- Jennifer Pooler will present “SNAP Participation and Cost-related Medication Nonadherence Among Older Adults with Chronic Conditions,”
- Bethany Ogbenna will present “A Systematic Review of Generic Drug Substitution in Special Populations,”
- Zippora Kiptanui will present “Clinical Practice Patterns and Potential Barriers to Generic Drug Use in Special Populations” and “Key Groups Influencing Generic Drug Use in the US: The Nature and Extent of Their Influence,” and
- Bryan Gale will present “Impact of Living in A Food Desert on Diet-related Disease in the US.”
IMPAQ will exhibit and sponsor the National Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) Conference, August 28-31, Baltimore, MD.
IMPAQ’s will present, sponsor, and exhibit at the Association for Public Policy Analysis & Management (APPAM) Annual Fall Research Meeting, November 2-4, Chicago, IL.
IMPAQ will present at the American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting and Expo, November 4-8, Atlanta, GA.
IMPAQ will exhibit at the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Conference, November 6-11, Washington, DC.