Finding Opportunities in Government Event
Last Friday, IMPAQ hosted our first Small Business Networking event, titled Finding Opportunities in Government. IMPAQ convened more than 40 small businesses in the pharmaceutical research space to hear from experts on changes in the healthcare system, followed by networking. We will convene future networking events in our other practice areas. If you would like more information, email email@example.com.
Dr. Kay Magill, Linda Toms Barker, Dr. Amy Kracker Selzer, and Jessica Cadima finished conducting 12 site visits across the country for IMPAQ’s study of the Ticket to Work program for the US Department of Labor. The team collected data on American Job Centers and other workforce system organizations serving people with disabilities who receive Social Security disability benefits, researching how the program’s employment services are implemented.
Presentations & Publications
Principal Research Associate Linda Toms Barker co-authored a paper titled, “Comparing women with and without disabilities in five-site ‘Healthy Weight’ interventions for lesbian/bisexual women over 40,” published by the Disability and Health Journal.
Principal Research Scientist and Managing Director Dr. Maurice Kugler has had his working paper, “Do Payroll Tax Breaks Stimulate Formality? Evidence from Colombia’s Reform,” published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, in Cambridge, MA.
IMPAQ has just returned from the American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX, where:
- Senior Research Associate Dr. Stephanie Levin presented “Evaluating Classroom Lessons Within the Common Core Context: Testing Automated Alignment Using Machine Learning” during the “Learning-Centered Online Environments and Assessing Online Information” session. Dr. Levin presented with Dr. Fannie Tseng of the Preva Group.
- Managing Director Dr. Andrea Beesley chaired two sessions and presented during a roundtable session:
- “Complex Politics in Rural School and Community Relationships,”
- “Teacher Development across Content Areas: Utilizing Knowledge to Improve Teaching and Learning,” and
- “Implementing Precollege Math Remediation in High School: Evaluation of Tennessee Seamless Alignment and Integration Learning Support” during the “Evaluating Strategies for Creating Equal Opportunities for College Readiness” roundtable session. Dr. Beelsey co-authored this presentation with IMPAQ Research Associate Maria DiFuccia and Angela Boatman of Vanderbilt University.
- Visit our website events page to learn more.
IMPAQ Strategy will exhibit at the National Quality Registry Network National Clinical Registry Conference May 10-11 in Rosemont, Il.
Good News @ IMPAQ
Congratulations to staff in our Oakland, CA office who recently participated in the American Public Health Association’s (APHA) 1 Billion Steps Challenge. Thanks to the more than 8,000 people who joined the challenge, APHA surpassed their goal and reached 2.2 billion steps, helping thousands start a healthy habit.
Christine Gill will present at the Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) Annual Meeting, May 17-19, in Baltimore, MD.
IMPAQ will present, sponsor, and exhibit at the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) Annual Conference, May 18-21, in New Orleans, LA.
Dr. Ilene Harris will present at the ISPOR Annual International Meeting, May 20-24, in Boston, MA.
IMPAQ will exhibit at the Association for Institutional Research’s AIR Forum, May 30-June 2, in Washington, DC.
For more information about these and upcoming conferences, visit our website events page.