Federal, state, and local education agencies depend on the availability of reliable data to understand how their policies and programs impact student educational outcomes. Policymakers need to understand the key levers of student success and how education policies affect practice. Educators need stronger tools to measure quality and more reliable data systems to evaluate programs, to improve effectiveness in diverse contexts.
In response to data needs, education agencies are prioritizing the use of rigorous research methods and integrated longitudinal data systems that link administrative and program data across government agencies. These advances in research and data are being used to improve education policy and practice, particularly for disadvantaged students and families.
Real World Impact
IMPAQ helps federal, state, and local education agencies improve their education policies and practices through rigorous research, improved data use, and technical assistance, focusing on the following areas:
- Strengthening early childhood programs and ensuring children’s school readiness
- Improving high school graduation rates and success in college and careers
- Preparing, identifying, and retaining effective teachers and school leaders
- Turning around low-performing schools
- Promoting educational equity and supporting special populations
- Preparing students for careers in math, science, and technology
- Promoting healthy social, emotional and behavioral development.
IMPAQ works closely with clients to provide high quality research, evaluation, and technical assistance services. Our experts specialize in an array of education topic areas and methodologies, applying their deep experience to inform policy decisions and program implementations.
When needed, IMPAQ can quickly pull together teams with design, development, implementation, survey operations, and technology expertise to strengthen education-focused projects.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Office of Innovation and Improvement (i3)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE)
- Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development (OPEPD)
- Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- National Center on Education & The Economy (NCEE)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Regional Education Laboratories (Midwest, Southwest, West, Pacific)
- NORC at University of Chicago
- National Assessment Governing Board
- Institute for Student Achievement
- Stupski Foundation
- Raikes Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Edna McConnell Clark Foundation
- California Department of Education
- Howard County Public Schools
- Berkeley Unified School District
- National Science Foundation
- Georgia Governor's Office of Student Achievement
- National Society of Black Engineers
Complete our contact form or call us at (443) 259-5500 to discuss how IMPAQ can help evaluate and enhance public programs and policies.